A double set of events devoted to the “European Commission Telecom Package” took place in the European Parliament. At this dinner on the 27 November, the focus was on the main regulatory aspects of the e-Communications review.
With a number of short interventions on specific aspects of the package, the aim was to stimulate debate and provide participants with a broad picture of the main issues at stake in this highly topical initiative. During a breakfast on the following day, the discussion addressed issues relating to security and privacy.
Alexander Alvaro, MEP and EIF Member
Pilar del Castillo, MEP and EIF Governor
1. Functional Separation; Investment, competition and benefits for the consumer
- Michael Bartholomew, Director, European Telecommunications Network Operators’ Association (ETNO)
- Jim Niblett, International Policy Director, Ofcom
- Lieven Vermaele, Technical Director, European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Eirini Zafeiratou, Director, GSM Europe
3. European Telecoms Market Authority
- Nick White, Vice-Chairman of the International Telecommunication Users Group (INTUG)
4. A view on Media Convergence
- Anne Bergman-Tahon, Director, Federation of European Publishers (FEP)Download programme