Mobile networks are an important enabler for the further development of AI. Flexible high speed mobile internet, enabled via 5G networks, and the development of IoT devices and services will fuel AI and create an environment of‘Intelligent connectivity’. This GSMA Mobile Meetings Series roundtable will bring together selected stakeholders to discuss the following key questions:
• What is the mobile industry’s perspective on AI?
• What are the conditions for a flourishing AI ecosystem?
• What does the mobile industry need in terms of policy to exploit AI’s full potential and vice-versa?
• Which measures are needed to ensure that innovators are able to access, re-use and share data, while complying with data protection rules?
• How would the mobile industry establish consumer trust in AI technology and encourage European companies to compete with their equivalents in the US and China?