This event will broaden and deepen inputs for our "Digital World in 2030" project, building on our initial “2025” report and our recent joint event with European Commission’s "Digital Futures" project (DG CONNECT).
We will maintain the basic structure, looking at the technology, economic, and socio-political dimensions. Panellists and participants will be invited to revisit our “2025” scenarios and issues, before looking forward on the basis of confirmed or new trends. We look forward to active participation and support from all EIF members as we proceed with this project, which will be available in time for next year’s European Parliament elections and a new Commission.
Meeting room A1H 1, Altiero Spinelli Building, European Parliament
Chair: Lambert van Nistelrooij, MEP and EIF Governor
Rapporteur: Ajit Jaokar, Founder, Futuretext and European Policy Bloggers Network
- Patrik Regårdh, Head of Strategic Marketing, Ericsson
- Burkhard Neidecker-Lutz, Chief Development Architect and Research Fellow, SAP
- John Finney, Chief Commercial Officer, O3b Networks
- Matthias Wulff, Head of Communications Clubs and Direct Marketing, Bertelsmann
Meeting room A4F 384, Altiero Spinelli Building, European Parliament
Chair: Pilar del Castillo, MEP and EIF Chair
Rapporteur: Peter Linton, EIF Advisor and principal author of the ‘Digital World in 2025’
- Howard Williams, Professor, Oxford Internet Institute
- Taylor Reynolds, OECD, author of the OECD ‘Internet Economy Outlook'
- Phillida Cheetham, researcher in the Consumer Insight team, Which?
- John Higgins, Director-General, DIGITALEUROPE
Meeting room A3F 383, Altiero Spinelli Building, European Parliament
Chair: Edit Herczog, MEP and EIF Governor
Rapporteur: Joost Van Der Vleuten, Policy Officer, European Commission (DG CONNECT)
- Žiga Turk, Professor, University of Ljubljana
- Stefano Zanero, assistant professor, Computer Engineering department, Politecnico di Milano University
- Franco Accordino, Head of taskforce ‘Digital Futures’, European Commission (DG CONNECT)
- Michal Kosinski and David Stillwell, co-authors of ‘Private traits and attributes are predictable from digital records of human behavior’, University of Cambridge - The Psychometrics Centre
Members Salon, Altiero Spinelli Building, European Parliament
James Elles, MEP and EIF Co-Founder
Feedback from Workshop Rapporteurs:
- Economic Focus
- Technology Trends
- Socio-political Dimension
Franco Accordino, Head of taskforce ‘Digital Futures’, European Commission (DG CONNECT)
Peter Linton, EIF Advisor and principal author of the ‘Digital World in 2025’
Pilar del Castillo, MEP and EIF Chair
Standing cocktail reception until 20.00.Download programme