Group of the European People’s Party (EPP) - Germany
Committees: International Trade (Member); Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (Substitute); Committee on Petitions (Substitute)
Delegations: Delegation to the Cariforum - EU Parliamentary Committee (Member); Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly (Member); Delegation for relations with the Korean Peninsula (Substitute); Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly (Substitute)
- Studied technical economics at the University of Karlsruhe (1997-2002). Employed by J.P. Morgan, Frankfurt and London (2000 and 2001). Authorised representative, MVV Energie AG, Mannheim (2002-2004).
- First Lieutenant in the Bundeswehr reserve (1995-1997).
- District Vice-Chair of the CDU Youth Section for Baden-Württemberg (1999-2002); regional press spokesman, CDU Karlsruhe-Land (since 1999); district chair of the North Baden CDU Youth Section (2001-2008); chair, CDU municipal association, Stutensee (2002-2007); member of the CDU Federal Committee on European Policy (since 2003); chair of the CDU Baden-Württemberg Committee on European Policy (since 2006). Substitute Member (2004-2008) and Member of the EPP Bureau (since 2008).
- Municipal councillor in Stutensee (1999-2009). Member of the European Affairs Committee of the Bundestag (since 2007).
- Member of the European Parliament (since 2004).
- Executive member, European Energy Forum (EEF) (since 2004); member, European Internet Foundation (since 2008).
- Member of the Board, Baden in Europe Association (since 2004); committee member, Karlsruhe International Association (since 2006).